Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Algonac, MI Aug 3, 2010

They were having some kind of celebration in Algonac for the weekend. This clipper ship must have been part of the shindig. We were just passing by on the street and this is what we got.


My sister, Barb, and yours truly. If you want to know what my mother looked like, just look at Barb. I was talking to George when he took the picture.


We got up early this morning to go back to the city park and get pictures of the clipper ship. Gone!!! OK, we'll go to the museum. You didn't really think it would be open, did you? This is a tribute to all the fallen Civil War soldiers


This was erected in 1905. Funny, I never saw it when I lived here.




Almost missed this, I've been trying to remember to take a picture of it. We only passed it twice a day every day. I didn't have time to really focus on it. The sign is a rod and reel.

The structure in the middle of the picture is the Ambassador Bridge that goes from Detroit to Windsor. There is also a tunnel to there.

We made it safe and sound to somewhere in Ohio today. Thank you.

1 comment:

Connie Esparza said...

I think you are right when you said I was going to like Algonac!