Friday, July 16, 2010

Day One - Sherman Texas

What a day this has been. When we first got in the coach, the AC wouldn't come on. Got that fixed and it didn't stop here. We had to get some boxes from the storage unit to take up to Michigan in September. Out the door we went and got over to the storage unit, loaded up the boxes and I asked George if he had the door key. The answer was no and the fun began. You know, we bought one of those magnetic boxes but forgot to load it and put it in place. We had to call a locksmith to get us back in the coach. I THINK that's a lesson learned. We finally got on the road about 11:00. The picture proves we were on our way. (we started out at exit 72)

This is one of my favorite statues. It lets us know if we are really on our way or if we are almost home.

I'm going to stop here one of these days. It's Collins Street Bakery in Corsicana.


We need some help here. I thought I had it all figured out about the doors and stuff on the RVs. I always thought the gasers had a door in the center. Take a good look at this one, door is up front but there's no sign of the grills for a diesel. How can this be?

The first sight of Dallas.

Guess we got here at the wrong time of day.

This building was so tall that I couldn't get it all in the picture.

That torpedo in the distance is in reality, a church.

We got tied up in a BIG traffic jam. These guys found their way around the mess.

This is what was causing the jam. It would probably be a good idea if they connected some of these segments.
I had plenty of time to take all these pics.

First night on the road was spent here. Good place to stay one night but nothing to write home about.

Our next door neighbors from Florida.

Thank you for watching over us today.

No comments: